Kickstart this!

(Constantin Best) #22

wurde gecancelt…:frowning:

Der Kickstarter wurde wegen Copyright-Sorgen gecancelt:

I started this project after speaking with friends with colleagues in
Japan, who work within the games industry and by looking at copyright
here in the UK with regard to derivative and non-derivate copyright
photography and how it differentiates in each country. Japan has two
types of copyright, author’s and neighbouring and each is different.
They also have a software copyright law that (on the gaming side) is
focused more on the ill-use of screenshots and captured footage of games
– particularly footage used on commercially based platforms, such as
monetised YouTube channels and websites.

After speaking with the
guys I know in Japan as, well as contacting Nintendo Europe, I’m still
no further in the minefield of international copyright. I thought I had
enough clarity with copyright, especially when I had people supporting
my own research, So it’s with great sadness that I have to announce that
I’ll be closing the Kickstarter pledge. I’ll be completing the book as
planned and I will spend the next few months finding the VG publishers
who are left to seek permission. I’ve had offers from some publishers
who have taken a keen interest in the book outside of Kickstarter and
hopefully my book will reach you that way. (Q)

(Constantin Best) #24

in der Tat, wollte gerade 2 Bücher vorbestellen :frowning:

Ich habe in diesem Forum schon hier und hier über Extrasolar geschwärmt, dieses wunderbare Space-Rover-Exploration-Browser-ARG-like-Spiel-zum-Nebenbei-spielen. Die Sammeln auf Kickstarter gerade Geld für die zweite Staffel:

Ich zitiere meine Schwärmerei einfach nochmal hier:

Mittlerweile habe ich die erste Staffel durchgespielt, kurz vor Ende Geld in die Kasse geworfen (quasi als Dankeschön an die Entwickler) und suche auf der Insel momentan nach der letzten Pflanze. Extrasolar ist echt ein spannendes Ding und eine (zugegeben) ungewöhnliche Spielerfahrung.

Ich überlege übrigens wie ich ohne Kreditkarte mich unkompliziert am Kickstarter beteilligen könnte. Amazon Payments etwa?

Ich verstehe diesen Thread jetzt mal als Greenlight This! und weise euch darauf hin, dass Battle Realms jetzt auch auf Steam erscheinen soll. Bitte einmal voten. Danke.

Ich finde, wir sollten das trennen, also für Greenlight-Empfehlungen einen neuen Thread aufmachen. Kickstart this = Werft Geld drauf. Greenlight this = Votet das bei Steam Greenlight.

Wie wärs mit Support this! ?

An adventure game set in post apocalyptic Eastern Europe with an ugly mutant protagonist, and an evil sloth antagonist.

Noct is a 2D top-down multiplayer survival horror game that blends arcade combat with RPG survival elements. You are a survivor of the apocalyptic purge that formed the desolate wasteland now known as Noct.

The game world is viewed through a thermal imaging satellite observing the aftermath of an apocalypse. Accompanied by an eerie and engaging musical score, your journey through the desolate world is filled with terrifying roaming monsters, intense combat, and perilous situations.

Introducing the AirVR and AirVR+, the first wireless VR headsets for iPad Mini, iPad Mini with Retina and iPhone 6+. AirVR is the most affordable way to experience the world of Virtual Reality for yourself. With your iPad Mini or iPhone 6+ and AirVR, you have everything needed to experience immersive VR anywhere.

However, what’s left unsaid is the fact that AirVR’s headset, at least as proposed in the prototypes shown off on the Kickstarter page, would require sticking the iPad Mini or iPhone 6 Plus hardware directly over your face, limiting your mobility while playing and making you look like some sort of dark Cronenbergian visage/goofus. Are you annoyed by people holding their iPads in front of them to take photos? This is that times a thousand, so it’s probably not the product for you. (Q)

GameLoading: Rise of the Indies a feature-length documentary which explores the vibrant global community of indie game creators. These unique voices, of all backgrounds and nationalities, are disrupting the traditional models of game development, making personal, innovative experiences.

It’s crunch time! Kickstarter has been there for us from the start; now we need you again! Thanks to our first Kickstarter campaign, we’ve travelled the world filming incredible insights from some of the most intriguing indie developers and industry figures, and we’ve returned with some amazing footage.

We are currently deep in the process of editing the film from a rough cut, finalising our distribution arrangements and marketing strategies, and preparing supplementary content. The light at the end of the tunnel is racing towards us – and we couldn’t be happier with how well the project is coming together.

You can help in this last stretch to make GameLoading look and sounding amazing!

Waking up in a post apocalyptic world of overgrown ruins filled with life, a robot named Poncho begins a journey to find his Maker.

Humanity has been extinct for centuries, leaving their robotic creations behind to fend for themselves. These robots have formed tribes and communities of their own, trying to make a way of life without purpose now their masters are gone.

On your journey, you will have to make some hard choices and ultimately decide the fate of humankind. With multiple areas and paths to explore, you’ll never be able to see everything in a single play through. Poncho is about making you feel like a kid again, exploring outside and looking under rocks to see what you find. There’s treasure in every nook and cranny in this world, and nothing is quite as it seems… There’s always more than one way to accomplish your goals.

A futuristic multi-player STEM game where you design aircraft to complete missions & export designs that actually fly to 3-D printers

A post-apocalyptic roguelike RPG featuring our unique blitz battle system - Inspired by great games like The Banner Saga, FTL and XCOM.

BEDLAM is a strategic single-player roguelike role-playing game, created for the PC and Mac utilizing ‘The Banner Saga’ engine.

An eerie, surrealistic, first-person game experience by an independent team of developers who helped make BioShock Infinite & BioShock.

Welcome to The Equinox, an eerie 1920s theatre that appears unstuck from conventional reality. A venue pervaded by weird dream logic, inexplicable holes in space, unshielded x-ray art installations, and tasteful use of crushed velvet.

Hm, bin noch sehr zwiegespalten!

Die ersten 30 Minuten von BioShock Infinite habe ich ja GELIEBT (300+ Screenshots) und von mir aus hätte das Spiel die ganze Zeit aus dieser wunderschönen Exploration bestehen können. Hier beschränkt man sich dann aber auf ein Theater, welches vermutlich nicht das interessanteste Leveldesign zu bieten hat, und dazu kommt dann noch dieser “Arcade-Quatsch”, der eben genau wie die Shooter-Passagen aus Infinite wirkt.

Hm, abwarten!

Also mich erinnert The Black Glove ein wenig an Kentucky Route Zero. Deshalb bei mir: Begeisterung!

Hm, da kann mich das zweite Kickstarterprojekt der Irrational Games Abgänger irgendwie etwas mehr begeistern, aber vielleicht liegt es ja auch nur am atmosphärischen Trailer samt stimmungsvoller Musik, denn eigentlich bin ich absolut kein Survival-Crafting-Genreliebhaber.

In Elegy for a Dead World, you travel to distant planets and create stories about the people who once lived there.

Three portals have opened to uncharted worlds. Earth has sent a team of explorers to investigate them, but after an accident, you are the sole survivor. Your mission remains the same: survey these worlds and write the only accounts of them that outsiders will ever know.

(freizeitheld) #41

Nach dem C64-Kompendium, nun auch endlich für den Amiga:

A book that celebrates the beauty of the Commodore Amiga. Full of pixel art, iconic box art and contributions from industry legends